Friday, September 17, 2010

> 500 Trillion Unknown Things

The universe contains a potentially infinite list of things which do exist, but are unknown to us.

If I asked you to tell me about something you dont know about, you couldnt.

Please dont say, "I cannot tell you with great certainty anything about the rules of cricket, although I do know that cricket does in fact exist."

I am talking about real things, like an undiscovered planet which is 500 trillion light years away.

You couldnt have told me about that planet, because you didnt know it existed. You cannot tell me about something if you are unaware of it's existence.

So here we are, in a universe filled with unknown things. A potentially infinite amount of unknowable things.

The amount of things you will never know is infinite.